On this page you will find videos that will walk you through some of our patient education resources.
Please note, the videos are not supported in Internet Explorer. Please use another browser (Chrome, Safari, Firefox, etc.) to watch the videos.
Some of the topics you will find on this page include:
- Chemotherapy: Introduction and Overview
- Chemotherapy Treatment Cycle
- Chemotherapy Side Effects
- Flu Vaccine and Cancer Treatment
- Oral Cancer Treatment
- Immunotherapy and side effects
- Les effets secondaires de l’immunotherapie
This video will introduce you to the basics of chemotherapy and help orient you to the Cancer Centre of Southeastern Ontario. By the end of this video, you should be able to:
• Describe the chemotherapy treatment cycle
• Explain the locations of where you will receive your cancer care
• Identify the different roles that make up the patient care team
• Talk about the chemotherapy experience and looking after your emotional health
This video will provide you with information about your chemotherapy treatment experience. In this video we will discuss the chemotherapy treatment cycle, including how you can prepare and what you can expect while you are receiving care. By the end of this video you should be able to:
• Describe the purpose of a clinic and treatment visits
• Describe what will happen and how to prepare when attending a clinic and treatment visit
• Describe how to call for help if you experience a change in your condition or if you have questions or concerns
In this video we will discuss the symptoms that you may experience as a result of the side effects of your chemotherapy treatment. By the end of this video, you should be able to:
• Recognize side effects as a result of chemotherapy
• Describe how to respond if you experience side effects
• Describe safe handling instructions for body fluids
People receiving cancer treatment often wonder if they can get the flu vaccine. This video includes general information about the flu vaccine for people receiving cancer treatment and answers some frequently asked questions. Talk to your cancer care team if you have any questions or concerns or read this pamphlet for more information.
This video is for patients who are receiving cancer treatment by mouth, which is also called oral cancer treatment. During this video you will learn:
- How to take your oral cancer treatment
- How to store your oral cancer treatment
- Safety and oral cancer treatment
- Important things to remember when taking oral cancer treatment
- Who your cancer care team members are
- When and how to get in touch with your cancer care team
In this video learn about immunotherapy and how it works as well as the symptoms and side effects.