Our objectives for 2019
Take the steps necessary to make it easier for patients and providers to navigate the cancer system across the region. Streamline the diagnostic journey for patients to improve equity and consistency of cancer services. Improve access for patients by promoting improvements that will bring care closer to where patients live.
Together we will…
- Improve system navigation across the continuum of care.
- Streamline the diagnostic journey through the introduction of new diagnostic assessment programs (DAPs).
- Implement the Aboriginal Cancer Strategy to improve access for our First Nations, Inuit and Métis (FNIM) communities.
- Deliver chemotherapy closer to home with new sites at at Perth and Smiths Falls District Hospital and Brockville General Hospital.
- Develop a prostate brachytherapy program.
- Explore the introduction of an allogeneic stem cell transplant program in Southeastern Ontario.
- Embrace new technologies to improve our performance specifically in the areas of telemedicine (OTN) and social media.