Kingston Health Sciences Centre offers patients highly specialized treatments for colorectal cancer. Our team is made up of experts working together, committed to delivering you with innovative and person centred care.
We care for patients and families along their entire care pathway; from diagnosis to treatment through to survivorship or palliative care.
Why KHSC for colorectal cancer care?
- Highest number of colorectal cancer surgeries in the SE region per year
- Our surgeons are the only ones in the region with specialty training in colorectal cancer treatment, and KHSC is the only centre in the region offering high volume robotic and laparoscopic surgery. link to members of team
- We are one of only four hospitals in Canada offering robotic colorectal surgery Insert Robotic Pic or Link
- Wait times for consultation and surgery meets health wait time standards and exceeds the Ontario average, with continuous efforts to improve timely access to services Learn more here.
- Our Colorectal Diagnostic Assessment Program (CDAP) provides care to people who are suspected to have colorectal cancer or who have a confirmed diagnosis. The CDAP will help make sure you have timely access to your tests and consultations. The CDAP will also ensure your care follows established care pathway guidelines. Link to page
- Access to team members who will support you during your care pathway, including Medical and Radiation Oncologists, Surgeons, Nurse Navigators, Nurse Specialized in Wound, Ostomy and Continence, Social Workers, Dietitians and more. Link Overview of Team page
- Multidisciplinary cancer conferences (MCCs) for colorectal cancer patients are held regularly where healthcare providers from different medical specialties discuss the diagnosis and treatment of individual cancer patients. Medical specialties that participate are radiation oncologists, medical oncologists, surgeons, pathologists and radiologists, with other specialties as needed.
- Actively participating in clinical trials and research that are investigating new ways of treating colorectal cancer with better patient outcomes. Learn more here.
To learn more about our colorectal program, please explore the menu on the right hand side of this page.