There are some symptoms that are common in the early stages of cancer. Symptoms describe how you are feeling.
Pay attention to these symptoms:
- Unexplained weight loss
- Tiredness that does not go away with rest
- Pain that does not go away or get better with treatment
- Skin changes, such as a change in your skin colour, excessive hair growth, sores that do not heal, or itchiness that does not go away or get better with treatment
- Thickening or lumps under your skin
- White patches inside your mouth or on the tongue
- Indigestion or trouble swallowing that does not go away
- Coughing or hoarseness that does not go away
Having these symptoms does not mean that you have cancer. But if you notice any of these symptoms, you should speak with your primary care provider to check up on your health.