Cancer Care Ontario (CCO) is seeking a Patient and Family Advisor (PFA) for South East Ontario.
As a PFA, your role would be to provide advice, guidance and input to CCO on programs, initiatives, and policy affecting patients and caregivers going through the cancer continuum in Ontario. The Patient and Family Advisory Council is composed of individuals who are or have been cancer patients, family members, and caregivers of patients. Members of the PFAC are recruited from the 14 regional cancer programs across Ontario.
CCO PFAC members are expected to:
- Draw on their own personal experiences and, the experiences of other patients, families and their local communities, to drive broad system change and improvement and improve the patient engagement model at CCO;
- Look at all initiatives and work through a broader lens as a citizen of Ontario not solely representing a specific disease site, or a specific experience;
- Provide input on agenda items and collaborate on presentations (as required based on working group work) discussion topics;
- Actively participate in Council meetings and preparing for meetings by reviewing relevant documents in a timely manner;
- Listen to and respect others’ opinions, experiences and suggestions;
- Assist with achieving clarity around the discussion topics and meeting objectives;
- Engage in constructive and respectful dialogue;
- Openly identify areas of focus for PFAC & CCO, and opportunities for improvement;
- Participate in periodic evaluations of the patient engagement process to assist in program improvement; and
- Sign all relevant privacy, consent, non-disclosure forms and other documentation and maintain confidentiality outside meetings.
For more information, please see attached documents or visit the Patient Engagement section on Cancer Care Ontario’s website: http://www.cancercare.on.ca/pfa
For any individuals who are interested in pursuing the application to be a member on the Cancer Care Ontario PFAC committee, please submit the completed Expression of Interest Form to Kardi Kennedy email@example.com or directly to CCO at firstname.lastname@example.org.